The Gurdjieff International Symposium is a conference and open space for presentations, demonstrations and discussions compatible topics to the ideas and work of G.I. Gurdjieff.
The symposium provides a platform for those wishing to explore and share Gurdjieff’s teachings with the hope that, by sharing our questions, our own understandings and insights in a non- prejudiced and harmonious atmosphere, a wider audience will come to appreciate the value and importance of Gurdjieff’s teachings, in Armenia and worldwide.
Call for submissions; Paper presentations, Artistic submissions and Performers for demonstrations – Open to ALL!
Prospective presenters are now invited to submit original papers or artistic/creative contributions for the forth coming symposium. These may be presented in one or three forms.
- Oral presentation, a synopsis of your paper presentation (up to *45 minutes maximum), followed by 15 minutes of questions and discussion. *You will be blocked in for one hour
- For papers: Title and a 100 word abstract together with a detailed proposal of 100 words outlining the contents of the paper by the 15th of March 2019.
Performers and Artists are requested to submit the following using the online Call submissions form:
- Creative or artistic works may be displayed/presented during the conference as appropriate.
- For artistic contributions: a short description of the material to be displayed or presented and what will be needed for the presentation.
- For performance demonstrations: a short description of what you or your group intends to demonstrate, and what is needed for the demonstration. If you have a group, what is the size of your group and what is needed for your group.
Open to historical, cultural and otherwise topics of interest pertaining to the life of G.I. Gurdjieff.
The submission “button” is located below …..
Those who wish to submit through yet another format or on a different topic, (other than through a presented talk, arts and performance), they may submit what they wish to contribute for the audience and participants and the panel will reply after consult.
Submission of a proposal is taken to imply the firm intention of the proposers to attend the conference and make a presentation should the proposal be accepted. The presenters are also expected to help with the transcription of the recording of the discussion sessions that follow their presentations. Artists work will be photographed and credited. Performance demonstrations will be video recorded and posted on social media with credits.
The Panel reviews all submissions and aims to provide constructive feedback to the authors. Both seasoned and less experienced are encouraged to engage with the panel on any ideas for papers or presentations. For those who are presenting, the conference requests your presence during the whole day of your presentation, and ideally for the 3 days of the symposium.
Draft of the Program will be available by June 2019.
Please see the Program page on the symposium website (when it becomes available).
Please use the “submission” button below to submit your proposal.